Sunday, March 28, 2010

My new life in Australia




Australia’s Aboriginal population was only about 400,000. And today, over 20 million people live here. Migration has been the main driver for this change. It is said in New South Wales, four out of every ten people are either migrants or the children of migrants.

I am a new migrant, migrated on a Spouse visa, had arrived from China's Zhejiang province only a month earlier. The decision to move to Sydney was not as good as made. First,Leaving my parents behind would be difficult for me.Second,I must give up my job as a librarlian which I loved and have worked for near 7 years.My husband supported me all the way,and I managed to pass through all the difficulties.

The main problems that arises with new migrants like me in Australia are mainly language and communication problems. This prevents me from job seeking and fitting into the society.I tried to send my resume to many companies,but they refused me.
Some of my friends found work in the factoris, enduring long hours, poor conditions - and so far, low pay.I’m lucky,my husband has a job in the bank,I can study as well as looking for work without survival pressure.

I don’t know whether I can find a satisfied job,but I know I can’t live on my husband’s work forever. For life is easier for a couple,but more difficult for a family.We must pay the mortgage,raise the kids and many other cost.It may takes me a long time to suit the environment here.I would like to learn something new,for my self,and for my new job.I believe the old saying,where there is a will,there is a way.I can earn a better life if I have a active life attitude as well as hardworking,not just for live.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best for the future with your plans for work and a family! I hope your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete